Friday, March 5, 2010

Painting with Shaving Cream

I love to get messy and so do my kids.  I think finger painting with shaving cream is the best!  On a day when we are bored, we will cover the countertop with plastic trash bags and get out the shaving cream.  We use the cheapy, aerosol, white foam kind (you can pick up at the dollar store or at Wal-Mart or Target).  Each child gets a massive squirt either directly on the plastic or some butcher paper.  I then give them several drops primary colored tempera paint, but any washable paint will work.  Then the kids just get to mixing.  And this time I gave them a bunch of toy cars to drive through the foam.  It is a ton of fun.  Even my little one gets into painting the paper and herself.  I think it gives new meaning to "God's work of Art". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Lennon

"I get by with a little help from my friends."

















Mama Made It








Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."